Thursday 19 February 2015


Anna Rosa Castillo is not like most 16 year old girls.
She doesn't care for clothes or make up, nor does she giggle with her friends about hot guys. Coming from a small town in the North of England where drugs and criminals are at the top of the food chain, Anna’s life an impossible mixture of pain and sorrow. Drawing and tattoos are her only vice, her only way of escaping the tortures that consume her at home.

Anna lives by only one rule – do whatever he says and she might, just might live long enough to get away.

All that changes when a fatal night lands the monster of her nightmares in a prison cell and herself in a hospital bed, staring into the eyes of a father she has never known.
David Porter is worlds away from her, living a life of luxury in a pretty little beach town in America with his wife and her teenage son.

The addition of a father turns Anna’s life upside down, thrusting her into a world she could never understand. Inner demons and a past filled with unspeakable memories claw at her as she tries to build a relationship with her new family. With the pending trial of her mother’s murder looming over her head, will she be able to move past everything that’s brought her down?

Will she finally be able to break free from a life that has left her so broken she can barely feel?
The Goodreads link is https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23641515-una-familia-segura?ac=1

The book is due to be re-released on the 7th March after being re-edited with the help of Angie Martin and Amanda Walker.



author


Annie Hughes is a single mum, full time working YA author from a small town in the North West of England.
When she's not busy with mum chores or writing, she can be found curled up on the sofa with a hot chocolate and a book.
Annie likes to read from any genre, her favourite being YA or crime stories.

She also drinks too much coffee, eats too much Chinese food and has an extremely unhealthy addiction to Shemar Moore.

Annie published her debut novel in September 2014, Una Familia Segura, and hasn't been able to stop writing since.





what made you want to be a writer?

 I've always loved writing. I've kept a journal since I was a kid and literally wrote everything down. Even if it was nonsense. I finally took the plunge and got serious about 2 years ago and begun to write Una Familia Segura. I knew from about the second chapter in that I didn't want to do anything else. I love escaping into the worlds I create with my words.

were do you like writing your books ?

 I write everywhere.. and I mean, EVERYWHERE. My favourite place though is probably on my bed with Ribena and wearing my favourite panda pyjamas. Yes, I know. The life of an Indie Author is nothing but glamorous.


what do you like to read ?

 I like to read everything. I've not found a single genre yet that I haven't enjoyed. My favourite is YA/NA and crime thriller probably. My absolute favourite author is JD Robb (Nora Roberts). She's absolutely amazing and a complete inspiration.

do you like listening to music while writing?

 I listen to music ALL THE TIME. Music is my vice. I can't function when I haven't got The Foo Fighters or Fuse ODG playing in my ears whilst I write. My music taste is so eclectic that it really helps me to loosen up. I find thinking so much easier with the sounds so the words flow all that much better. For me anyway...


https://www.facebook.com/Author.AnnieHughes


https://www.facebook.com/anniehughesauthor

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1548667978733012/?fref=ts




No comments:

Post a Comment